Are you a nursing or allied health student, keen to gain practical experience to set you up for a career in the rewarding disability sector? YNA is actively seeking team members to support NDIS participants living in the community on an ongoing roster.
About the Role
Disability Support Workers with YNA deliver exceptional care backed by an experienced team. We have options for DSWs to work in the community to support those living with a disability. The role may include assisting with personal care, meal preparation, medication supervision, light housekeeping duties, transporting and social support. We’ll back you every step of the way and always consider your preferences to get the best experience as an agency team member. Your communication skills will need to be clear & effective to meet the needs of our clients.
YNA is 100% South Australian owned and managed, supporting team members and clients nationally. We place qualified PCWs and DSWs with our clients in the community, in SILs and with disability providers in the community. We pride ourselves on the support we give to all our team members in every role. Know that you will be fully supported by an expert team of qualified health professionals who know the challenges and requirements of your role. Our streamlined application process means that you can apply and begin work in no time. We provide complimentary fast-tracked criminal screening and an in-house online learning platform to ensure you are ready to start with all the necessary competencies and training.
What we offer
- Flexible works arrangements to suit you; consistent weekly hours to work around your schedule
- Above award rates, paid weekly & 24/7 support
- Free uniform & professional indemnity insurance
- Referral & milestone bonus schemes & options for interstate transfers
- Complete mandatory training & update skills through free online learning.
What you will bring to the role
- Cert III or Cert IV in Individual Support or enrolment in a nursing or allied health degree program
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ideally evidence of at least six months paid experience in a related role or demonstration of related roles, experience or commitment to supporting people living with disability
- Current Police Clearance and NDIS Worker Screening check and/or willingness to attain
- A commitment to provide ongoing support to our participants.
Apply online or call us on 7129 5030.
YNA is committed to an inclusive workforce and encourages applications from people of culturally diverse
backgrounds, including those who identify as part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander