Registered Midwives wanting to return to clinical practice with confidence.
A collaboration between YNA, Flinders University and NAHLN recently delivered a pilot program, called RESET-M. The program is designed to provide a supportive education and training opportunity for Registered Midwives with an aim to support them back into clinical practice and build the maternity workforce. This is for Registered Midwives who may not have worked in antenatal, postnatal or intrapartum care recently or did not have the opportunity to complete a TPPP.
The RESET-M program will be available again. If you would like to be contacted when the next RESET-M program dates become available, please apply! This program is the opportunity to build your confidence to enable a return to midwifery and will be supported by a Midwifery Educator/Facilitation. The program will include:
- five full days of lectures and lab sessions in the simulation suite at Flinders University or on site at a nominated hospital at no cost to you
- two paid supernumerary shifts
- eight paid midwifery shifts undertaken within a three month period
What’s required to be considered:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Midwife
- Demonstrated interest in ongoing midwifery work
- Engagement and agreement to complete online evaluation and feedback surveys whilst engaged with this program
- Monday – Friday availability for refresher presentations and simulation sessions at Flinders University for scheduled period
- Availability for two paid supernumerary shifts within two weeks of refresher
- Availability and flexibility to undertake 8 shifts across 7 day, 24 hour roster, within three months of refresher program
To commence the program, you also require current clearances and competencies, including:
- Current Police Clearance and Working with Children Check
- Basic Life Support and Manual Handling Certificates
- Neonatal CPR Certificate
- Completion of FSEP (via Intellilearn)
YNA can assist you to attain clearances and competencies.
- Be confident to be allocated to midwifery shifts in public and private hospitals
- Have ongoing access to YNA’s e-Learning platform and IntelliLearn at no cost
- Variety of shift options to suit your lifestyle
YNA is keen to hear from any Midwives interested in this opportunity. Apply now or call 7129 5030 and speak with Sarah Strong in the YNA recruitment team to discuss.
YNA is committed to an inclusive workforce and encourages applications from people of culturally diverse backgrounds, including those who identify as part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.